From Andrea Metcalf - Build a Better Breakfast!July 10, 2012
The biggest excuse for skipping breakfast is: I HAVE NO TIME.
Hogwash I say! Even though you may have hit the snooze and are scrambling out the door to catch a cab to get to work on time, there's always time for a good breakfast. Here are 5 quick options to keep on hand in your kitchen so that you never miss a good breakfast.
1. Quaker Real Medleys - Quaker puts this cup of mixed grains in your cupboard for a grab and go meal. A little light on the protein but a great cup of texture, sweetness and flavor.
2. Chobani Greek Yogurt - Packing more than twice the protein of traditional yogurt, Greek yogurt also has a good source of calcium and smooth creamy texture that reminds me of pudding.
3. Lifeway Blueberry Kefir - Higher in probiotics than most yogurts and still low in calories, Kefir is an old world favorite for breakfast. Many lactose sensitive stomachs can process this milk due to it's higher probiotic rate.
4. Egg Beaters 100% Egg Whites - Half the calories and zero the cholesterol, Egg Beaters provides a simple option for an easy scramble in the morning rush. Pour into a mug and pop in the microwave for 2-3 minutes for a steamy, protein rich start.
5. Multi-Grain Cheerios - People who eat more whole grain tend to have healthier body weights, than those who don't. MG Cheerios provides five whole grains to boost your breakfast. Scoop a cup into a plastic baggie and nosh on the way to work. No spoons needed.
Read the rest of the article by clicking the link below.
Posted by Ken at 6:49 PM