#GoodNews! Good Samaritan Pays for School Supplies at Wal-MartAug-21-2016
#GoodNews! Texas Teacher Brought to Tears When Good Samaritan Pays for Her School Supplies at Wal-Mart
• A teacher brought to tears by a stranger's generosity hopes the positive moment will encourage others to talk more about teachers and education in the United States.
• Sabrina Drude, who teaches 7th grade science in Texas, was at Walmart buying notebooks for her students when a man in line behind her surprised her by paying the $97 total.
• The good samaritan was Lester Brown and after the story went viral he said, "I paid it and then she started to cry. And then she was going to make me cry, so I looked away."
• Lester Brown, a father of five, works as a pastor and a re-entry specialist at the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.
• "I remember I had this hundred-dollar bill with the intention of responding to something in need, and God said to respond," Brown said. "You want people to live better, love thy neighbor. Love thy neighbor means do your part."
• Sabrina says she has stayed in touch with Lester after their unexpected meeting at Wal-Mart.
• "I would love for more people to be influenced by (the story)," Drude said. (It) has started some great conversations about teachers and education."
• Lester said, "The school that she was at, it was not likely that all the students would be able to afford the supplies that she got. That just kind of struck me. I get that."
Posted by Staff at 10:39 PM
- Link to this entry
| Share this entry