Amazon Has Brick-And-Mortar Bookstores And They're ExpandingAug-30-2016
Amazon Has Brick-And-Mortar Bookstores And They're Expanding
• It appears Amazon is expanding its brick-and-mortar bookstores.
• The e-commerce front-runner opened its first physical bookstore last year in Amazon's founding city, Seattle and so far, reports say things are going well.
• Now, the company is reportedly expanding Amazon Books to Chicago.
• Amazon's claim to fame is its convenience. Customers can go online and find just about anything, so why move to physical bookstores? Some say it's about branding.
• The stores stock their shelves based on data from Amazon.com. So reviews, number of sales and popularity decide what customers will see.
• This is only the latest in a number of big steps to improve Amazon's reach.
• Last month, the retailer unveiled its very first branded cargo jet called Amazon One. The company plans to roll more jets out in the next several years.
• And that drone delivery service we've been hearing about is finally going to be tested.
• Amazon's expansion announcement comes after Barnes and Noble dismissed CEO Ronald Boire earlier this month.
• Barnes and Noble's stocks have plummeted recently, and the company determined Boire was "not a good fit" for the role.
• Amazon's Chicago bookstore will join the ranks of other confirmed locations in San Diego and Portland.
Posted by staff at 7:59 PM
- Link to this entry
| Share this entry