Bar Soap Sales In Decline, Millennials Getting BlamedAugust 30, 2016
Bar Soap Sales In Decline, Millennials Getting Blamed
• Three in five millennials think bar soap is gross, according to new market research
• Almost half (48%) of all U.S. consumers believe bar soaps are covered in germs after use, a feeling that is particularly strong among consumers aged 18-24 (60%), as opposed to just 31% of older consumers aged 65+.'
• The number of households using bar soap dropped from 89 percent to 84 percent between 2010 and 2015.
• However at the same time, sales for soap, shower and bath products grew 15 percent, just in other liquid forms like gel and lotions
• Millennials are on the right side of science on this argument, though, Scientific research has found that liquid soap and antibacterial washes are no more effective at killing bacteria than normal soap and water.
Posted by staff at 7:56 PM